Believe photo by Steve Huffman Photograpy

Jim Bain, Saved by Grace Blog:






James Bain Music Video

Volummonster Widget Free Song Download

REDEEM IT

Friday, September 3, 2010

Angels Grew Restless (Renee's Song)

Our family has suffered a loss this week. My sister lost her battle with cancer on Wednesday night. She was a wonderful sister, mother, wife, grand and greatgrandmother. She will be missed greatly.

I wrote a song for her a few years ago for her youngest daughter that died way to early at four years old when I was about 16 years old. When we were at the graveyard one of my other sisters and I were walking around and reading some of the gravestones. We found one that had an Angel on it for a child that had died. The inscription on the gravestone read "Angels Grew Restless" I have never forgotten that inscription and always think of it when I think about my sister and her family. I want to dedicate this song to my sister Bev as I remember her now.

The Angels Grew Restless

(Renee’s Song)

I held you in my arms, and I felt you slip away
Sat staring out the window, for the rest of the day
I’ve cried my eyes dry, and I’m just to numb to pray

I guess the Angels grew restless, and called you to play

I wander through these halls, and I sometimes hear your voice
I seem to go on living; I guess I don’t have a choice
My friends they try to talk to me, they don’t know what to say

I guess the Angels grew restless, and called you to play

Lord, I shock my fist to heaven, and demanded you explain
You’ve asked me to sacrifice, what I could not give away
Though I waited for an answer, all I heard was the falling rain

I guess the Angels grew restless
The Angels grew restless

Now a peace indwells my soul, where once was only pain
Lord you blessed my memories, so only the good remain
One day I’ll see her smiling, standing at the gate

When the Angels grow restless, and call me to play
When the Angels grow restless, and call me to play

James M Bain
2007

No comments:

Post a Comment